Braces


Monday, May 31, 2010

Questions for my Ortho!

I think I have sealant stuck between two different sets of teeth because I can't floss there at all! What the hell do I do?!?

I can't floss between two other sets of teeth because the bracket is sitting on top of where the gap is. Is this okay?!

Can I use fluoride toothpaste, and a fluoride rinse and not worry about white spots or discoloration after the braces come off?

The entire Metal Mouth message board seems adament that I not brush my teeth *immediately* after eating, especially if I'm drinking diet soda. Which is correct?

Also, I am drinking more than the one drink a week limit - try and stop me!!!

When will I be able to chew? Right now, I can use my tongue and the top of my mouth to fake chew. When I get the appliance in late July that won't be do-able. What then?!?

What is the possibility of getting bite turbos and what are the downsides? I keep trying to chew on the bracket covering my (currently) last bracketed tooth (molar) on the left, and it's a crown and I'm worried about making it snap!

I can not bite nor can I chew anything. When will this change?!? OMG I WANT THE CHEWING OF MY FOOD BACK!


As an aside to people who are not my ortho.
If one more person (especially people I work with) say: "You'll be back to eating normal food in no time" one more time I SWEAR TO TUNARE I WILL BRING THE HAMMER OF PAIN DOWN UPON THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not have the issues normally braced people have of not being able to chew because it hurts! It really doesn't hurt any more. Just the normal getting used to them issues (cheeks and such).

I CAN NOT TOUCH TEETH DOWN TOGETHER! And I am getting an appliance in less than 2 months that will cause the roof of my mouth to also be off limits. So shut yer yaps and mind your own business!!!! GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Whew, that feels better. Okay, off to be productive my last day of being off work for this marvelously long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment